Monday 1 April 2013

Happy Easter!

I have mainly been celebrating a couple of days off over the Easter weekend by baking - it's been a tasty few days! I started off with these....


Roasted vegetable and ricotta rolls from Italian Home Baking by Gino D'Acampo. They were delicious, and would be really good on a picnic as you kind of end up with a whole meal in one roll. I haven't had this book long, but the recipes that I've tried have all been good so I'll probably be doing some more experimenting soon.

Once the rolls had been devoured, I then moved on to pudding for Sunday lunch - a 'Glam trifle slice' courtesy of Good Food magazine. It's essentially the elements of a traditional trifle but set in the form of a terrine so not really baking (apart from the sponge base), but still good fun and with very tasty results. It's an easy recipe, it just takes some time for all the layers to set but it's definitely worth the wait. Here's the final result...



It's meant to be topped with whipped cream, but I decided to be a bit different and use mini meringues...


Quite proud of them! I think they worked well, it was nice to have a bit of a different texture which you wouldn't have had if you used cream.

And the last baking project? Hot cross biscuits....


From 'Biscuit' by Miranda Gore Browne. A nice twist on the classic hot cross bun, and much quicker to make! And just in case anyone is worried that I haven't left the kitchen for the last few days, here are some pretty flowers that I've found on my baking-fuelled travels...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's always great to hear from you!