Sunday 24 March 2013

Material inspiration

The day job and various social outings (including trying to learn to street dance with the WI!) have taken over this week so there hasn't been a lot of creating going on. My crafty mind has still been working away in the background plotting what to get up to next though so all is not lost. This has mainly consisted of me scouring the internet for more pretty material - even though I already have a massive stash of it taking up a large part of my spare room/office, for some reason I'm always able to justify buying something else for a new project. So this week's planning has resulted in this....


...arriving in my letter box the other day ready to be turned into a makeup bag when I have the time. It's Retro Rocket Rascals by Michael Miller and I love the bright colours and cute little characters, and in my book you can never go wrong with a star or two. It makes me smile whenever I look at it which can never be a bad thing! While I was buying that, I was also "forced" to treat myself to this...


...which is Home Sewing is Easy by Alexander Henry. To be honest, I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, partly because when it arrived the print was much bigger than what I had in my head, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon. Part of me is wondering whether I should even frame it and hang it on the wall - I think it could look good. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's always great to hear from you!